South Waterfront Mixed-Use Zone (SWMU)
Purpose of This Chapter
The South Waterfront Mixed-Use (SWMU)zone chapter establishes the requirements applicable to the use and development of land within the South Waterfront Mixed-Use Zone. The chapter replaces existing SRC Chapter 162 (SWMU – South Waterfront Mixed-Use).
The South Waterfront Mixed-Use (SWMU) zone chapter identifies the land uses allowed within the zone, the basic standards applicable to development within the zone (e.g. lot size, lot dimensions, building setbacks, lot coverage, and building height), and design review guidelines and design review standards. This chapter works in conjunction with other chapters of the UDC which contain specific additional development standards (e.g. Special Requirements – SRC 700; Streets and Right-of-Way Improvements – SRC 810; Site Access and Circulation – SRC 830; Off-Street Parking & Loading – SRC 835; Landscaping and Screening – SRC 840).
Proposed Revisions / Highlights (*)
1. Allowed uses in zone converted to UDC format. *
2. All Audio/Visual Media Production proposed to be permitted. *
3. All Industrial Services proposed to be prohibited. *
4. Wireless Communication Facilities to be addressed separately.
5. Additional use limitations grouped under one subsection.
6. Requirements for Development Phasing Plans converted to UDC format. *
7. Requirements for modifications to development phasing plans specified. *
8. Accessory structure standarsd incorporated into zone district.
9. Lot coverage for building and accessory structures combined for clarity.
10. Design review applicability modified. *
11. Design review standards and guidelines incorporated into zone district. *
12. Design review standards and guidelines for mechanical and service equipment clarified. *
13. Width of requried pedestrian connectino along north bank of Pringle Creek specified. *