Capitol Mall Zone (PM)
Purpose of This Chapter
The Capitol Mall (PM) zone chapter establishes the requirements applicable to the use and development of land within the Capitol Mall zoning district. The chapter replaces existing SRC Chapter 160 (P – Public Use).
The Capitol Mall (PM) zone chapter identifies the land uses allowed within the zone and the basic standards applicable to development within the zone (e.g. lot size, lot dimensions, building setbacks, lot coverage, and building height). This chapter works in conjunction with other chapters of the UDC which contain specific additional development standards (e.g. Special Requirements – SRC 700; Streets and Right-of-Way Improvements – SRC 810; Site Access and Circulation – SRC 830; Off-Street Parking & Loading – SRC 835; Landscaping and Screening – SRC 840).
Proposed Revisions / Highlights (*)
1. Certain uses proposed to no longer be allowed. *
2. Wider variety of Office uses proposed to be allowed. *
3. All Heavy Vehicle and Trailer Sales prohibited. *
4. All Commercial Entertainment – Indoor propsoed to be prohibited. *
5. Wireless Communication Facilities to be addressed separately.
6. Minimum lot size for Multiple Family modified. *
7. Maximum density requirement for Multiple Family propsoed. *
8. Accessory structure standards incorporated into zone district.
9. Front setback specified for front yards not abutting a street. *
10. Interior side and rear setbacks simplified. *
11. Lot coverage for buildings and accessory structures combined for clarity.