Industrial Park Zone (IP)
Purpose of This Chapter
The Industrial Park (IP) chapter establishes the requirements applicable to the use and development of land within the Industrial Park zoning district. The chapter replaces existing SRC Chapter 157 (IP – Industrial Park).
The Industrial Park (IP) chapter identifies the land uses allowed within the zone and the basic standards applicable to development within the zone (e.g. lot size, lot dimensions, building setbacks, lot coverage, and building height). This chapter works in conjunction with overlay zones, where applicable, and other chapters of the UDC which contain specific additional development standards (e.g. Special Requirements – SRC 700; Streets and Right-of-Way Improvements – SRC 810; Site Access and Circulation – SRC 830; Off-Street Parking & Loading – SRC 835; Landscaping and Screening – SRC 840).
Proposed Revisions / Highlights (*)
1. All Taxicabs and Car Services activities prohibited. *
2. Wider range of Heavy Vehicle and Trailer Service and Storage activities allowed. *
3. Commercial Entertainment – Outdor prohibited. *
4. Wider range of General Repair Services activities allowed. *
5. Wider range of Building and Grounds Services and Constlruction Contracting activities allowed. *
6. Wider range of Warehousing and Distribution activities allowed. *
7. Eliminating list of limitations and qualification under General Manufacturing should be considered. *
8. Wireless Communication Facilities to be addressed separately.
9. Wider range of Animal Services activities allowed. *
10. Accessory structure standards incorporated into zone districts.
11. Front setback specified for front yards not abutting a street. *
12. Lot coverage for buildings and accessory structures combined for clarity.
13. Lot coverage requiremetns for accessory structures to Single Family proposed for deletion.