Purpose of This Chapter
The Nonconforming Situations chapter establishes the requirements applicable to the expansion, alteration, enlargement, and termination of nonconforming uses and nonconforming development. It also establishes requirements concerning nonconforming lots and parcels of record and nonconforming manufactured dwellings within manufactured dwelling parks. The chapter replaces existing SRC Chapter 112 (Nonconforming Use and Development).
The Nonconforming Situations chapter identifies specific application submittal requirements and applicable approval criteria. This chapter works in conjunction with the Procedure Ordinance (SRC 300) and other chapters of the UDC which contain specific development standards.
Proposed Revisions / Highlights (*)
1. Adds approval criteria for the extension, alteration, expansion or substitution of a nonconforming use. *
2. Eliminates requirement that nonconforming development status terminates if the development has been vacant for one year or more. *
3. Requires nonconforming development that has terminated to be either brought into conformance with the applicable standards or removed. *
Chapter Downloads & Links
- Proposed UDC Chapter Highlights (PDF)
- Proposed UDC Chapter (PDF)
- Existing Code Chapter
- PC Public Hearing Draft – NEW! (Note: UDC Chapter number has been changed from 290 to 270)