Purpose of This Chapter
The Conditional Use chapter establishes the requirements applicable to those specific land uses which, instead of being allowed outright as a permitted uses in a particular zone or overlay zone, require public review through a conditional use permit. The chapter replaces existing SRC Chapter 117 (Conditional Uses).
The Conditional Use chapter identifies specific application submittal requirements and the applicable approval criteria. This chapter works in conjunction with the Procedures Ordinance (SRC 300) and other chapters of the UDC, such as the zones and overlay zones where those uses which require a conditional use permit are identified.
Proposed Revisions / Highlights (*)
1. Approval criteria revised: *
- Reference to compliance with Comprehensive Plan deleted.
- Clarifying language provided concerning minimization of impacts through conditions of approval.
- Livability consideration added.
2. Adds section on modifications of approvals.
Chapter Downloads & Links
- Existing Code Chapter
- Proposed UDC Chapter Highlights (PDF)
- Proposed UDC Chapter (PDF)
- PC Public Hearing Draft - NEW!
Chapter Reviewed by UDC Advisory Committee
- January 19, 2011 (Review Completed)