Purpose of This Chapter
The Variance chapter establishes the requirements applicable to applications requesting deviation from the development standards of the code that are necessary to allow the otherwise lawful development of a property that has special and unique characteristics which limit its suitability for development. The chapter replaces existing SRC Chapter 115 (Variances).
The Variance chapter identifies the two classes of variance applications, specific application submittal requirements, and the applicable approval criteria. This chapter works in conjunction with the Procedures Ordinance (SRC 300) and other chapters of the UDC which contain specific development standards.
Proposed Revisions / Highlights (*)
- Class 1: Administrative Variances with Subdivisions, Partitions, and Replats.
- Class 2: All other Variances.
Chapter Downloads & Links
- Existing Code Chapter
- Proposed UDC Chapter Highlights (PDF)
- Proposed UDC Chapter – Pre Committee Review (PDF)
- Proposed UDC Chapter – Post Committee Review (PDF)
- PC Public Hearing Draft - NEW! (Note: UDC Chapter number has been changed from 250 to 245)
Chapter Reviewed by UDC Advisory Committee
- January 5, 2011
- January 19, 2011 (Review Completed)