Special Use Provisions
Purpose of This Chapter
The Special Use Provisions chapter establishes requirements for certain uses that apply in addition to the standards that are generally applicable to uses in a particular zone or overlay zone. The chapter replaces existing SRC Chapter 119 (Special Uses) and Chapter 118 (Specific Conditional Uses).
The Special Use Provisions chapter establishes special use and development standards. Standards included in the chapter may be modified through Conditional Use approval, unless modification is specifically prohibited. The chapter works in conjunction with applicable zone and overlay zone chapters and other chapters of the UDC which contain additional development standards (e.g. Streets and Right-of-Way Improvements – SRC 810; Site Access and Circulation – SRC 830; Off-Street Parking & Loading – SRC 835; Landscaping and Screening – SRC 840).
Proposed Revisions / Highlights (*)
1. Variety of Special Uses and Specific Conditional Uses Simplified. *
2. Home Occupation Standards Relocated to this Chapter.*
3. All Retail Sales Proposed to be Permitted in Mixed-Use Projects. *
4. Standards for Religious Assembly Uses Updated and Clarified to Conform to UDC Format. *
5. Religious Assembly Setbacks Based on Bufferyards no Longer Applicable. *
6. Religious Assembly Parking Setbacks Established to Replace Bufferyard Requirements. *