Portland/Fairgrounds Road Overlay Zone
Purpose of This Chapter
The Portland/Fairgrounds Road Overlay Zone is one of three new chapters proposed in the UDC which replace existing SRC Chapter 143B (Portland/Fairgrounds Road Overlay Zone). The proposed new Portland/Fairgrounds Road Overlay Zone specifically covers that portion of the existing overlay zone that is not part of an mixed-use area.
The Portland/Fairgrounds Road Overlay Zone prescribes uses, development standards, and design review guidelines and standards applicable within the overlay. The chapter works in conjunction with the underlying zone and other chapters of the UDC which contain additional development standards (e.g. Special Requirements – SRC 700; Streets and Right-of-Way Improvements – SRC 810; Site Access and Circulation – SRC 830; Off-Street Parking & Loading – SRC 835; Landscaping and Screening – SRC 840).
Proposed Revisions / Highlights (*)
1. Portland/Fairgrounds Road Overlay Zone Split into Three Separate Chapters.*
2. Separate Sections Created for Continued Uses and Continued Buildings and Structures.
3. Interior Front Setbacks Specified for Buildings and Accessory Structures.*
4. Interior Side and Rear Setbacks Specified for Single Family and Two Family Buildings and Accessory Structures.*
5. Interior Front Setback Specified for Parking Areas.*
6. Pedestrian Access Requirements Specified for Shopping, Centers, Office Complexes, and Mixed-Use Developments.*
7. Applicability of Design Review Standards and Guidelines to Non-Mixed-Use Multiple Family Development Clarified.*
8. Design Review Standards and Guidelines Incorporated into Zone District.
9. Alternative Primary Building Entrance Standard Proposed for Existing Buildings.*
10. Alternative Ground Floor Window Standard Proposed for Existing Buildings.*
11. Building Articulation Design Standard Made Clear and Objective.*
12. Alternative Weather Protection Standard Proposed for Existing Buildings.*