Broadway/High Street Retail Overlay Zone
Purpose of This Chapter
The Broadway/High Street Retail Overlay Zone is one of three new chapters proposed in the UDC which replace existing SRC Chapter 138 (Broadway/High Street Overlay Zone). The Broadway/High Street Retail Overlay Zone specifically covers that portion of the existing Broadway/High Street Overlay Zone located within Areas I and III.
The Broadway/High Street Retail Overlay Zone prescribes uses, development standards, and design review guidelines and standards applicable within the overlay. The chapter works in conjunction with the underlying zone and other chapters of the UDC which contain additional development standards (e.g. Special Requirements – SRC 700; Streets and Right-of-Way Improvements – SRC 810; Site Access and Circulation – SRC 830; Off-Street Parking & Loading – SRC 835; Landscaping and Screening – SRC 840).
Proposed Revisions / Highlights (*)
1. Existing Broadway/High Street Overlay Zone Split into Three Separate Chapters. *
2. Design Review Standards and Guidelines Incorporated into Chapter.
3. Applicability of Design Review Standards and Guidelines to Non-Mixed-Use Multiple Family Development Clarified. *
4. Interior Side Setback Clarified to Require Zero Side Yard Buildings. *
5. Maximum Twenty-Foot Rear Yard Setback Proposed for Deletion. *
6. Alternative Ground Floor Window Standard Proposed for Existing Buildings. *
7. Alternative Weather Protection Standard Proposed for Existing Buildings. *